Accurate Diagnosis of Low Back Pain
What every practitioner needs to know!
Credit Hours: 15
Format: Online & Self-paced
This is an online self-paced program, giving you the flexibility to complete your CPD requirements, at home, at work or anywhere with an Internet connection. You can log in and log out as many times as you wish. You will have unlimited online access to the course during its approval period. Do you have some free time between patient appointments? Why not use this time to progress through this CPD course!
Course Description and Content
This course includes clinical scenarios of patients presenting with low back pain. You will learn how a targeted clinical evaluation methodology with a problem-solving approach can be used to enhance your diagnostic accuracy and efficiency in practice.
Unit 1 – Low back and posterior leg pain in a 38-year-old fitter and turner
Unit 2 – Low back and bilateral leg pain and paraesthesia in a 76-year-old retired business manager
Unit 3 – Stabbing posterior pelvic pain in a 33-year-old mother
Unit 4 – Sharp and localised low back pain in a 27-year-old nurse
Unit 5 – Bilateral posterior pelvic and buttock pain in a 30-year-old office manager
Unit 6 – Buttock and posterior thigh pain in a 29-year-old dairy farmer
Unit 7 – Low back and anterior thigh pain in a 42-year-old male truck driver
Unit 8 – Short Clinical Cases
This Bundle includes
- “Learning Alone”: 15 hours of CPD to be completed as “Learning Alone”, online, self-paced and at your convenience and you will get a certificate upon completion. This course consists of 8 easy-to-follow video and text units covering the diagnosis of low back pain and sciatica including relevant clinical case scenarios and free ready-to-use downloadable Practice Resources. Purchase this CPD course today and discover how convenient and cost-effective CPD learning can be.
- “Learning with Others”: Included in this course is our free bonus material that may be useful as a resource for your “Learning with Others” activities. The material is designed to help improve your examination and diagnostic skills and includes a collection of low back and sacroiliac special test videos that you can watch, practise and discuss with colleagues.
Red Flag Recognition and Patient Examination Videos
The course includes a set of questions that you can ask your patients to help identify any red flags that indicate the presence of serious underlying conditions. Relevant clinical examination videos are also included for you to sharpen your clinical skills.
Each course unit includes a short online multiple-choice quiz. When you have completed the learning material in a unit, you will be able to access its quiz.
Certificate of Completion
When you have completed the course, you will be able to immediately download your Certificate of Completion.
By the end of this course, you will be better able to:
- Take a focused clinical history for patients presenting with low back pain.
- Perform a targeted physical examination when evaluating patients presenting with low back pain.
- Improve your clinical reasoning and diagnostic accuracy.
- Recognise “red flags” which may indicate serious pathology.
Only one payment of £ 150 (Inc VAT). No ongoing subscriptions! No monthly commitments!
Complete the course in 3 easy steps!
1. Enrol in this CPD Course.
2. Complete the learning activities at your pace.
3. Complete the multiple-choice quizzes when it suits you and then download your Certificate of Completion. If you have any questions, please contact us.
System and Equipment Requirements
This CPD course has been optimised to work on personal computers, tablets and smartphones when using the most recent versions of Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.
Our course materials and resources have been developed and reviewed by a team of practitioners with extensive academic and clinical experience in musculoskeletal conditions. Our courses have been designed to provide participants with the most up-to-date diagnostic procedures and interpretations, with content that has been compiled from evidence-based resources including peer-reviewed journals, specialist organisations and authoritative texts.
If you have questions or concerns about this CPD course meeting your professional registration requirements please contact your professional registration office to obtain pertinent information.
“CPD that is easy and convenient. Enrol Online Today”